Dear Fellow Shoe Addicts,
What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to footwear?
Personally, it drives me crazy when my beautiful shoes are dirty or scuffed. It feels like the whole world is staring at the imperfections... kind of like having something in your teeth and praying that no one notices.
So what do I do about it? Starting a shoe company has taught me there are several DIY tricks that will help to keep your shoes in great condition so that you can achieve max usage.
Before we can into the nitty-gritty of cleaning, it is always important to spray your leather shoes with protector immediately after purchase.
Once you have a few wears, keep your shoes shining with these simple hacks.How to Clean Leather & Patent Leather
1. Wipe off soil by using equal parts cool water/distilled white vinegar and allow to dry.
2. Address any scuffs on real leather with a matching shoe polish, following the instructions on the label.
Patent Leather Cleaning:
1. Remove scuffs with a microfiber towel dipped in petroleum jelly (olive oil can be used for larger scuffs).
2. Let dry for 10-15 minutes and then wipe off with a clean cloth. Restore shine with a spritz of Windex.
How to Clean Suede Leather
1. Clean dirt with a soft bristled brush.
2. Use a pencil eraser to address marks that remain.
3. If the mark still will not budge, dip a clean cloth into vinegar (DO NOT DRENCH) and apply to the shoe, using a back and forth motion.
The shoe will be temporarily damp, and the wetness will eventually evaporate, returning the shoe to its natural color.
**For on-the-go, use the shoe-cleaning wipes enclosed in your Luna Selene shoe box. **
To address major issues, it is recommended that you bring your shoes to a local cobbler. Not only will they will be able to repair major damages, but you will also be giving local business some love... win, win!
Always with Love,
Shannon Slack, CEO
**Where did I learn these DIY tricks? See the sources below that influenced my personal shoe care, as well as contributed to the content for this article.**